× Members

Atos PIP assessment at home

More
7 years 10 months ago #159884 by 2plus2
Replied by 2plus2 on topic Atos PIP assessment at home
Today was the day for the medical assessment between 9 am and 11 am. Nobody turned up, on ringing Atos I was told the appointment had changed to Friday!
I've had no letter, no phone call, nothing informing me of the change.
Husband unimpressed with the advisor on the phone and explained that he couldn't take another morning off work in the same week due to there mistake.
They have cancelled twice I have rearranged once.
Any ideas what happens next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159899 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos PIP assessment at home

2plus2 wrote: Today was the day for the medical assessment between 9 am and 11 am. Nobody turned up, on ringing Atos I was told the appointment had changed to Friday!
I've had no letter, no phone call, nothing informing me of the change.
Husband unimpressed with the advisor on the phone and explained that he couldn't take another morning off work in the same week due to there mistake.
They have cancelled twice I have rearranged once.
Any ideas what happens next?

This is difficult, have you actually cancelled Friday's appointment? If you have then there is a possibility that this will be treated as a second re-arranged/cancelled appointment by you and they will return your file to the DWP.

You need to find out when the decision to re-arrange today's appointment was made? They are legally required to give you seven days written notice of a new appointment, although this does include postage time. So if the decision was made after last Friday then they will not have fulfilled this requirement.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #159950 by 2plus2
Thank you,
The letter arrived today dated the 29/05/16 for a 9am assessment on the 31st. With the bank holiday Monday how was I ever going to know about the cancellation?
My husband didnt cancel the Friday morning one and on going to work he has been given more time off so emailed Atos last night confirming date and time, unfortunately the letter that came today has a different time 12.30 - 2.30pm !!
I feel completely worn down by all of this and at the point of giving up.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159989 by Gordon

2plus2 wrote: Thank you,
The letter arrived today dated the 29/05/16 for a 9am assessment on the 31st. With the bank holiday Monday how was I ever going to know about the cancellation?
My husband didnt cancel the Friday morning one and on going to work he has been given more time off so emailed Atos last night confirming date and time, unfortunately the letter that came today has a different time 12.30 - 2.30pm !!
I feel completely worn down by all of this and at the point of giving up.

You've been able to accept the appointment which is good, but they clearly failed to give you adequate notice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #160037 by 2plus2
Thought I better confirm the time of my appointment so rang Atos to be told it was 9am -11am and she didn't know why the letter I received stated 12.30-2.30pm.
I asked about not being notified earlier about the rescheduled date and was told they didn't need to give 7 days notice.
Good job I have a husband with an understanding boss, Ashe gave him time off on Tuesday and it didn't happen, he asked for time off Friday morning only to have to change that to Friday afternoon and now when he goes in tomorrow he has to ask to change back to Friday morning.
Will see what Friday brings!
Thank you for your help.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160054 by Gordon
2plus2

Next time, hopefully there won't be one, refer then to the PIP Regulations 2013 Regulation 9(3).

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/377/regulation/9/made

Good luck for Friday.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: 2plus2

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.