× Members

Tribunal papers from PIP

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155734 by Rox1975
Tribunal papers from PIP was created by Rox1975
Hi everybody ,
I am now at the tribunal stage in my fight for pip . I have had a stroke , depression, anxiety and just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia plus I cant walk far due to balance issues . I have been left with a few difficulties from my stroke that impact my life daily like incontinence . I only got awarded two points for aids in my bathroom . No contact to my GP or any other health professionals and all my evidence I sent in wasn't even considered.
I have a representative who will be there when we go to the tribunal and she filled in my SSCS1 form . I have just received all the papers and have realised she has filled it in with incorrect information about my conditions and what i think i should be considered for . PIP have already noticed this information and mentioned it in their response. . Its her mistake but i am unsure what to do about it . Has this happened to any one else in the forums? If so did you get a chance to amend it . This mistake can ruin my chances of winning my appeal . I am getting really worried about this , please help :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #155740 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal papers from PIP
Roxanne

We have seen this before unfortunately, it really should not happen if the advisor is doing their job properly!

This is your appeal and only you benefit or not by the result, so you have nothing to lose by tackling the issue.

It doesn't sound as if you have been given a date for your hearing yet so you should have time to deal with the issues. You can submit information up to about 10 days before the hearing without problem.

I would write a covering letter explaining the problem and how it has occurred and then a new submission explaining how you meet the criteria for a PIP award. Get all of the documents together; your PIP2, the assessment report and our PIP Claim guide and show why you meet the criteria for each activity that you would expect to score points for.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155742 by Rox1975
Replied by Rox1975 on topic Tribunal papers from PIP
Thank you Gordon for your quick reply
I am in the process now of gathering more evidence to support my claim and only just received the appeal response , so think i have enough time . My representative has apparently done loads of appeals . but when i rang her the other day she got my details mixed up with some one else so she doesn't fill me with much confidence. Thank you for your advice , i will write a letter explaining everything straight away :ohmy:

More
7 years 11 months ago #157814 by Rox1975
Replied by Rox1975 on topic Tribunal papers from PIP
Hi everybody ,
well after being given only two points from PIP and suffering from a Stroke , fibromyalgia , incontinence, depression , anxiety . I have to take my fight to a tribunal, anyone who has been through this process will know that PIP send copys of all your relevant papers and evidence . After receiving my two hundred papers a few haven't printed properly and you can barley read the text ..The papers that haven't printed are vital and hold a lot of important imforamtion which i believe will help me with my appeal .
I can only guess that the tribunal have received the same unprinted copys. I of course have the original ones . I have asked PIP three times over the last 5 weeks to re copy these papers . but i have received nothing .
has anybody else had this problem or I am being very paranoid that PIP are trying to make things difficult for me.
Getting very frustrated with being fobbed off all the time :angry:

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157818 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Tribunal papers from PIP
Hi Roxanne,

I have merged your query with your previous topic dealing with your PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now.

Now that your appeal has been accepted all correspondence should be via the Tribunal Service. I suggest you contact them and point out the deficiency in DWP's evidence, they can then deal with this ahead of the hearing.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.