× Members

ESA help

More
8 years 1 week ago #157930 by cc53
ESA help was created by cc53
Hi there,

I wonder if you can help with some advice before i start filling in an Esa 50 04/15.

I last filled in an ESA50 in April 2013 and that was my first as it was a transfer from IB.

I have printed off latest guides for phyical and mental health grounds and last form and information i used etc..

What i was wondering is, has a lot changed since i last filled in the form 3 years ago?

I have compared forms and tried to compare guides to the last ones i used and think nothing is standing out to me as a big difference i should be looking out for.

Apart from a couple of minor things that i can easily add nothing about my health condition has changed so i was basically wondering if it would be advisable to use/copy ( to a degree) my last form and information?
As my health conditions are quite complex i always have to add lots of extra pages to explain so it would be really helpful if i could use last form as a guide.

Not trying to cut corners, just wondering best way to go about it..

The other thing worrying me is that form says it has to be filled in with black ink and capitals,
I'm surprised i've not seen/heard anyone else worrying about filling all in capitals, i know its going to take me forever to do and be hard concentration wise for me to make sure it is all capitals but maybe its more worrying for me due to the volume of pages i have to add to the form.

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #157942 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA help
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There has been little change in the regulations since your last assessment, although guidelines might differ a bit. The guide contains a section that tells you what has changed since the last edition.

The requirement to use black ink and capitals applies to people hand writing the forms ( so that they are more legible and easily photocopied) but not those using a computer.

You can use much of the information from your previous claim - it is unlikely that the assessor/Decision Maker will look at this - but you should ensure that you have made it clear that you are still effected in the same way and have not 'adapted' to your limitations in any way (if that is the case, of course).

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That means that you will be able to return with further questions/comments rather than having to start a new topic each time. We find it enormously helpful if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #158003 by cc53
Replied by cc53 on topic ESA help
Hi,
Thanks so much for the quick response and information, really helpful.

I have decided just to work through the form using guide slowly like I did the last time and use my old form for reference and what tick boxes I used etc..

With regard the form using capitals, completely understandable they want them to be more readable.
Unfortunately as I have to add so many pages extra on the form I wouldn't be able to sit and type it, I have to write it slowly bit by bit.
Really worried about writing all in capitals as it's hard to concentrate to write in all capitals, I just worry that I will get in trouble/form rejected if I slip up with odd letter that's not capitals.
Don't know why I am so worried about this when bigger worries when doing this form :)

I am grateful that I can come here for questions and help (sure I'll have a few lol) it's much appreciated.

Many thanks :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #159043 by cc53
Replied by cc53 on topic ESA help
Hi,

I am back with some questions if ok. I have been filling in my form and almost done just got to do the other information section check and copy etc.
Firstly, as always i have to add lots of sheets for my extra information. i'm talking 20 for all the questions ( continued on separate sheet) and 13 for each illness explained in more detail. don't know how many more for other information yet then there's the copies of medical evidence to add
Like i said, i have always added a lot of sheets as i have so many health conditions and quite complex, like to give as much detail as possibly can but when anxious i do tend to ramble on and just write as i am able, but always filled in forms this way. This year as boxes even smaller, writing in capitals takes up more space and bit more detail to add i have used a few more sheets than previously, I fully intend to clearly state in the other information ( i have explained a few times on form too) how difficult and extremely painful i have found filling this form, can only do bit by bit and rest, have someone sat with me helping etc and as explained above as to why there are so many sheets. I am however worried it will go against me in some way even though i have explained why it is and how hard it has been. Not really time to change it now but wanted to check on here what you think? Also someone said to me, shouldn't you be only putting about your health conditions that affect you mentally and physically if that's what the questions are about? I always list and explain every condition i have, and they have put a seed of doubt in my mind now.
Secondly about the substantial risk rules, i definitely (in my opinion) qualify under those rules and know it is all throughout my form. I will put it in the other information section but any tips on how to go about wording it i.e should i be clearly stating that i should be covered under the substantial risk rule or just explain why certain situations would be a risk factor for me and why. I have severe agoraphobia and anxiety and cannot travel ( only extremely short journeys only leave house when can for medical appointments) as travelling makes me really sick no matter what medication i take. i would use these as an example for instance, am i on the right track with that?
Lastly, medical evidence, my g.p just changed the date to now on the supporting letter he gave me last time as he argues that i am still the same. I have been discharged by a lot of my Consultants, don't know what is going on with the NHS, seem to want you off their list and out the door. They are open ended and "come back when and if needed" but only choice i have is to include old medical evidence/letters from consultants, is that ok?
Apologies for such a long winded question.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #159067 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA help
CC

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking in your first question.

If you are hoping to score points for the Dexterity activity, then completing the form by hand will go against you although you may be able to offset with the necessity to complete the form and by showing that you have broken this down into small manageable chunks.

Have a look at my answer to a similar question on the Exceptional Circumstances

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...8977&start=12#157877

It's not uncommon for people to be "parked" by the NHS, if you do use old reports then you need to explain how your condition have changed since the report was written.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.