× Members

PIP Mobility

More
7 years 11 months ago #160780 by Lucy19
Replied by Lucy19 on topic PIP Mobility
So, after handing back my motability vehicle this morning and picking up my new car I came home to a letter from HMRC telling me I may no longer be entitled to the disability element of the benefit due to the PIP being stopped. But their letter makes no sense - has anyone else had this? Surely just because ATOS claim i'm not disabled enough for PIP doesn't mean I am not disabled does it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mobility

Lucy19 wrote: So, after handing back my motability vehicle this morning and picking up my new car I came home to a letter from HMRC telling me I may no longer be entitled to the disability element of the benefit due to the PIP being stopped. But their letter makes no sense - has anyone else had this? Surely just because ATOS claim i'm not disabled enough for PIP doesn't mean I am not disabled does it?

The criteria you need to meet are on the following link.

www.entitledto.co.uk/help/work-disadvantage-test

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #166295 by Lucy19
Replied by Lucy19 on topic PIP Mobility
So my MR failed, as I expected it would.

I'd recieved a text saying they had all the information they needed to make their decision, upon contacting them I was told they'd requested a Supplementary report from Atos - so of course I asked for a copy.

I had sent letters from my consultants and GP confirmed all of the things they said I was lying about. The Atos report, which was from an assessor I'd never met, pretty much pinpointed everything they could use to not give me the benefit. They even used the point that I may want to consider a pregnancy in the future!

It took weeks after I'd recieved this report for them to send me their decision letter.

So, now I'm going to appeal.

I met with a Citizens Advice advisor to go over my appeal but we didn't really go over it, he just had me sign a document and said he'd call me when he'd drafted up a letter. But what I wasn't expecting when he called was for him to say that in the letter he'd advised I wanted standard rate mobility. I've always been adamant I think I'm entitled to higher rate - I've had higher rate DLA for over 9 years. So when I told him he said he'd mention the length of my DLA award but as its a different benefit they wouldn't take it into consideration at appeal.

I'd planned on writing my own personal statement to send along, putting my disabilities in to my own words. Do you think I should mention I think I'm entitled to higher rate? Surely then if they disagree they can just tell me and give me lower rate or none at all? But if I say standard rate mobility will they decide to give me higher or just assume I'm happy with standard??

Thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #166314 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Mobility
Hi Lucy,

I'm sorry that the MR was not in your favour - but not surprised as it rarely does anything other than rubber stamp the original decision :angry:

This will be your appeal, you who will - or will not - be awarded PIP as a result, and you need to be happy with the submission. It sounds a good idea to prepare something yourself, alongside whatever the CAB adviser does, and I see no harm in telling the panel that you believe you should be entitled to enhanced mobility as long as you feel you meet every aspect of the criteria.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris