× Members

Confused about SCR & DWP

• Benson
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 1 day ago #158078 by Benson
Confused about SCR & DWP was created by Benson
I was on my online doctors control panel and I noticed various new things, such as sections for test results and summary care records and full clinical records and medications and all that. Some of them asked me to register for viewing first, such as SCR and FCR. I have not done this yet. My medication was ready visible though.

It says on another website that dentists and "so on......" can view this data, but it can be opted out of. So does this mean if I stay opted in that on my next renewal for ESA the DWP tester (or Maximus) will be snooping over all my GP records and scans and test results and medication and so on ? On my last renewal 2 years ago I believe they sent my GP the usual form which the GP fills in. At the time the SCR was not in use, so do I presume now they use the SCR instead ? I ask because I always seem to remember a tick box at the end of the ESA questionnaire that says they have the right to do certain things with your data.

Just not sure the exact details. Thanks if you know.

P.S : Does anyone know if ESA renewals are on time now in most areas of the UK ? I know they were deferred for 2 years a while back. As mine will not be much longer now soon. Is it still 4 months before the end date that they send the questionnaire ? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 19 hours ago #158104 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused about SCR & DWP
Benson

Only authorised healthcare professionals directly involved in your care can access these records, this would not include Maximus, ATOS or Capita, nor would you signing a benefit claim form give them access. See

www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/hea.../Pages/overview.aspx

The last time I saw any statistics on the ESA backlog there were still some 400,00o outstanding assessments, however, as far as we are aware, all assessments are now being scheduled as required, there are certainly no more deferrals being made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Benson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.