× Members

PIP invitation

More
8 years 1 month ago #158090 by Dogtanian
PIP invitation was created by Dogtanian
I received my invitation to transfer to PIP at the end of last week. I have to telephone by the 30th May to start off the process.
Is there any advantage to hanging on until that date or should I just get on with it?
Obviously in the meantime I'll be compiling my answers and collecting evidence.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #158109 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP invitation
Hi Dogtanian and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, you should have been given 1 month from the date of the letter in which to get your PIP claim started.

It doesn't really make any difference to the process whether you make the call early or leave it nearer to the deadline. I left mine late so that I knew the forms would not be sitting on the mat while I was on holiday - you could have similar reasons.

Have a look at the PIP guide so that you know what information will be needed initially. Once your claim has been accepted, the PIP2 form will be sent out. This is the form that will need to be completed in depth.

PIP help for claimants

You will probably be asked whether you would like paperwork from your previous DLA claim to be used during this assessment - whether you agree depends on whether you think it would be helpful. Otherwise, the assessor will only know what you tell them, they would not have knowledge of an ESA claim, for instance.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. that means you will be able to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it helpful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogtanian

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #159932 by Dogtanian
Replied by Dogtanian on topic PIP invitation
I've completed the form and it's all ready to post. We're on holiday at the beginning of July, should I put these dates on the form to show I won't be available for a medical then?
thanks

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #159966 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP invitation

Dogtanian wrote: I've completed the form and it's all ready to post. We're on holiday at the beginning of July, should I put these dates on the form to show I won't be available for a medical then?
thanks

They can't take it in to account if you don't include it in or with the form. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #159967 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP invitation

Dogtanian wrote: I've completed the form and it's all ready to post. We're on holiday at the beginning of July, should I put these dates on the form to show I won't be available for a medical then?
thanks

Yes, I think there is a section on the form that asks for dates that you would not be able to attend.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164068 by Dogtanian
Replied by Dogtanian on topic PIP invitation
I included the dates we were on holiday and the day before as I didn't want the additional stress, and guess what, they sent me an appointment for the day before our holiday!!!

We decided to go and get it over with and to be honest it was fine. No trick questions and hardly any examination. We felt cautiously optimistic!

When we returned from holiday I phoned up for a copy of the report which I received yesterday. If the DM agrees with her I'll get 20 points for care and 12 for mobility.

However, my query relates to the length of award. She says that based on future circumstances it would be appropriate to review in 1 year 6 months. She justifies this by saying "mid term review given as condition is of a progressive nature and condition may change in the shorter term"

I have Primary Progressive MS and although my condition may change in the shorter term it's only going to be for the worse! There are some medications with NICE at the moment but if they are approved it will possibly delay further progression but certainly won't reverse the damage already done!

Surely it's a complete waste of money and time to review me so soon?

But many, many thanks for your guides and expertise. The process is a minefield without your knowledge. I recommend you to everyone I know who's going through it!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.