× Members

Pip Appeal

More
8 years 11 hours ago #158094 by Johnny
Pip Appeal was created by Johnny
I had my PIP appeal today. It went as well as I would have hoped, the questions firm, but fair, but went on longer than I was expecting.

I would advise anyone to properly prepare for it and don't even think about going alone. I had an Advocate and used as a buffer to confirm what was being asked. The questions were only related to descriptors I had challenged. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting they tried to trip me up, but some of the questioning was clearly designed to assess my state of mind (Mental Health claim.), in relation to what I challenged.

I was told I can expect a letter with their decision in the next few day. I take it this is pretty much normal? Or should I panic?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 hours ago #158116 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Appeal

Johnny wrote: I had my PIP appeal today. It went as well as I would have hoped, the questions firm, but fair, but went on longer than I was expecting.

I would advise anyone to properly prepare for it and don't even think about going alone. I had an Advocate and used as a buffer to confirm what was being asked. The questions were only related to descriptors I had challenged. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting they tried to trip me up, but some of the questioning was clearly designed to assess my state of mind (Mental Health claim.), in relation to what I challenged.

I was told I can expect a letter with their decision in the next few day. I take it this is pretty much normal? Or should I panic?

The letter is quite normal, it just means that they have a full day of hearings and don't have time for the administrative part of the appeal until the end of the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.