× Members

Pip Appeal

More
8 years 1 week ago #158094 by Johnny
Pip Appeal was created by Johnny
I had my PIP appeal today. It went as well as I would have hoped, the questions firm, but fair, but went on longer than I was expecting.

I would advise anyone to properly prepare for it and don't even think about going alone. I had an Advocate and used as a buffer to confirm what was being asked. The questions were only related to descriptors I had challenged. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting they tried to trip me up, but some of the questioning was clearly designed to assess my state of mind (Mental Health claim.), in relation to what I challenged.

I was told I can expect a letter with their decision in the next few day. I take it this is pretty much normal? Or should I panic?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #158116 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Appeal

Johnny wrote: I had my PIP appeal today. It went as well as I would have hoped, the questions firm, but fair, but went on longer than I was expecting.

I would advise anyone to properly prepare for it and don't even think about going alone. I had an Advocate and used as a buffer to confirm what was being asked. The questions were only related to descriptors I had challenged. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting they tried to trip me up, but some of the questioning was clearly designed to assess my state of mind (Mental Health claim.), in relation to what I challenged.

I was told I can expect a letter with their decision in the next few day. I take it this is pretty much normal? Or should I panic?

The letter is quite normal, it just means that they have a full day of hearings and don't have time for the administrative part of the appeal until the end of the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris