× Members

Too ill to attend PIP assessment=DLA disallowed

More
7 years 11 months ago #158204 by Kerry
I had an indefinite award of DLA and received the form to switch to PIP early this year. I sent this off and received an assessment date for an appointment in Sheffield-I live in Salford, Manchester! I had this changed to an appointment in Salford on the 15th March. I was up most of the night before with a vomiting bug. A friend phoned them first thing to inform them. Even though it has been explained to them in the simplest form that it was a 24 hour bug, you can't physically get down to a doctors while vomiting and a doctors surgery would tell you not to attend anyway they have informed me today that they have disallowed my DLa and will not send me for a PIP assessment.
Has anyone got any experience or advice on this please?
Thank you xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158218 by Gordon

Kerry wrote: I had an indefinite award of DLA and received the form to switch to PIP early this year. I sent this off and received an assessment date for an appointment in Sheffield-I live in Salford, Manchester! I had this changed to an appointment in Salford on the 15th March. I was up most of the night before with a vomiting bug. A friend phoned them first thing to inform them. Even though it has been explained to them in the simplest form that it was a 24 hour bug, you can't physically get down to a doctors while vomiting and a doctors surgery would tell you not to attend anyway they have informed me today that they have disallowed my DLa and will not send me for a PIP assessment.
Has anyone got any experience or advice on this please?
Thank you xx

I'm afraid claimants are only allowed two opportunities to attend a PIP assessment, before the Assessment Provider will return your file to the DWP.

You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision to close your PIP claim but without medical evidence that you were sick on the day, I think you will struggle to convince them to overturn the Decision. Did you contact your GP surgery on the day, they might have a record of the call?

You can try involving your MP, sometimes they can make a difference to how the DWP treat these situations.

Contacting your MP

Failing that you can make a new claim for PIP, but your DLA will only be reinstated if you overturn this Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.