× Members

Hello BNW new member - Q re pip2 extension

More
7 years 11 months ago #158256 by Gerbera
Hello there BNW forum members,

New here! Thanks for the wonderful website.

Can someone please help. I need to help someone fill the DLA to PIP2 form. The form originally had a different date on the form, but due to exceptional- circumstances an extension was requested and granted via the phone. However a new PIP2 was kindly sent with a new date for submission, with bar codes and all that stuff.

Received a further letter stating why has it not be returned by the original date.

Can someone tell me should the first deadline be used or the one extended to a later date?

It seems a bit confusing as on BNW site someone advised perhaps a letter should be sought, surely the actual new bar coded form with new date should suffice.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158260 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hello BNW new member - Q re pip2 extension
Hi Rainbow and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

This sounds very familiar! Has the person you are helping posted on here about this?

The letter asking about the first form will have been computer generated due to the failure to return it. A short letter of explanation is probably a good idea but don't spend too long on it, you need to save your energy for the PIP2!

You should make full use of our PIP guide when you fill out the form

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments rather than having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerbera

More
7 years 11 months ago #158270 by Gerbera
Replied by Gerbera on topic Hello BNW new member - Q re pip2 extension
Hello Mrs Hurtyback,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and advice.

No this is the first time posting, only joined recently. No the person does not have internet access. I was not aware there was another post on the matter I did do a search, before posting. So as not to waste anyone's time. Could you point this out to me.

But to be clear you recommend just writing a letter? (can you send it via email ? ) Can the second bar coded form Pip2 with new date, not suffice - or are you telling me they will cancel the DLA without it being sent on the original date of the first pip2 form.

Many thanks!

More
7 years 11 months ago #158273 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hello BNW new member - Q re pip2 extension

rainbow wrote: Hello Mrs Hurtyback,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and advice.

No this is the first time posting, only joined recently. No the person does not have internet access. I was not aware there was another post on the matter I did do a search, before posting. So as not to waste anyone's time. Could you point this out to me.

But to be clear you recommend just writing a letter? (can you send it via email ? ) Can the second bar coded form Pip2 with new date, not suffice - or are you telling me they will cancel the DLA without it being sent on the original date of the first pip2 form.

Many thanks!

Depending on when the extension was requested it's possible that the letter regarding the first PIP2 had already been produced, they can take several days just to make it into the mail.

There should be no issue with you returning the second PIP2 (I would not return the first one), by the new required date, however, this is all about belt and braces which is why we recommend your writing a short note to the DWP confirming the telephone conversation that granted the extension. I'm afraid the DWP cannot be contacted through email. you'll have to post it, I would recommend getting a certificate of posting which is free but will require you to go to a Post Office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158275 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hello BNW new member - Q re pip2 extension
Hi Rainbow, there is no problem with you starting a new topic with your query - we prefer that you do this, even if your situation does seem similar to someone else's as it means we don't get confused as to who we are giving advice too!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.