× Members

What do I need to prove ESA to optician ?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158280 by Benson
I haven't been to the Opticians in a long time, they are asking for proof of ESA allowance to be able to give me a free eye test. What form so I need for that ? Also how do I get it ?

Also I hear I can get a voucher for glasses, how does that happen ?

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158291 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic What do I need to prove ESA to optician ?
Hello Benson

I guess a sight of your award letter would be enough evidence for the Optician; However, I'm unsure of what benefits actually qualify you for the free test, so you would perhaps have to check with DWP to see if, in fact you would qualify.

As for the voucher, I would phone the optician in advance of your appointment and he/she should be able to tell you how to make a claim for one. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Benson

More
7 years 11 months ago #158300 by Mabel2015
Replied by Mabel2015 on topic What do I need to prove ESA to optician ?
If you're in receipt of income related ESA, you are eligible for free eye tests. I think the voucher is for £25.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Benson

More
7 years 11 months ago #158312 by SusanH
Replied by SusanH on topic What do I need to prove ESA to optician ?
You need to be on income based ESA for the free eye test and NHS glasses. I just show my annual letter that we 'usually' get on or about April.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Benson

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.