× Members

no points

More
8 years 6 days ago #157027 by dawn000
no points was created by dawn000
Hi
i had my medical assessment ,for pip last friday, Does anyone know howlong before i get the out come

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #157035 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic no points
Hi Dawn and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid that PIP decisions are often taking 8-12 weeks after the face2face assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawn000

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158296 by dawn000
Replied by dawn000 on topic no points
i have been on the high rate disability and care for 4 years
today i got my pip assement back giving me no points at all.
I cant undernstand the decision its like they are calling me a liar
i cant undress my self or cook or get in and out of bath
yet they are basiclly saying i can
Can anyone suggest what i should do
Dawn
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158316 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic no points
Hi Dawn,

I have merged your query with your previous topic relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

I am sorry that you are going through this :(

You have a choice of what to do next -

You can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration of this decision ( with a view to appealing if it is not overturned). You have 1 month from the date of the Decision Letter in which to get this submitted. You do not have to include much information at first but at some stage you would have to explain in depth how/why you believe you should have score points.

Asking DWP for a copy of the assessor's report will be very helpful. You can do this over the phone but we always advise following this up in writing. It may well not arrive in time for you to use it in your MR request but you can tell them that you will send more information when it has arrived.

If you have any evidence or information that you did not include in the original claim, you should sent it in for the MR.

How to do this is explained in the PIP guide and you can find a template letter in the ESA MR FAQs

PIP claims and appeals

ESA mandatory reconsiderations and appeals

Your second option is to start again with a new claim. I would advise this especially if you feel you could have made a better job of the PIP2 form.

The assessor's report could be helpful here too as it would show areas where your explanation or evidence were lacking.

Your final option would be to do both - ask for MR and put in a new claim. However, the result of the new claim would limit the appeal decision. For instance, if the tribunal gave you an enhanced award for both components but the new claim was again given 0 points, the tribunal award would end on the date of the new decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawn000

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.