× Members

PIP Assesse

More
7 years 11 months ago #158299 by Shezz
PIP Assesse was created by Shezz
Hi I am looking for some advice if possible on Monday of this week I received a letter stating I needed to attend face to face appointment at a centre. I am housebound and do not leave my house due to my conditions. I did request a home visit when submitting PIP paperwork so when I called and explained this on Monday I was told my appointment would be cancelled and a new appointment given. Today Wednesday I have received 2 letters from Atos 1 stating an independent health professional has looked at my file and stated I would still have to attend a centre. I called them immediately and explained that by asking me to leave my house Atos are putting me in physical and mental danger - the woman stated I still have to attend and I could attend by taxi - there is no mention of that in the letter but she was adamant it was on her computer. I wont go into all my concerns but I am so stressed about having to leave my home to attend an external assessment it really has put me into panic situation and my pain is through the roof. If I dont attend they will I assume disallow my application is there anything else I can do? Atos also told me that whoever looked at my paperwork has deemed it that I dont have sufficient points for a home visit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158318 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assesse
Shezz

Speak to your GP and ask them for a letter of support, they need to explain what risk of harm you would be under if you had to attend at ATOS's offices, once this has been sent to ATOS then I would also involve your MP, it's surprising how often they can make a difference.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.