× Members

PIP Tribunal Today...

More
8 years 3 months ago #148827 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic PIP Tribunal Today...
hi souacel hope u are ok i feel for you i just wanted to let u know my niece of 4 got turned down and her mum done the mandatory and lost again when i ask her how she got on she said they turned her down my little has dwarfism and cant walk far she cries in pain my niece had left it 8 months i came on this wonderful helpful site and put her case to moderates they helped me alot i wrote a long letter and waited for the appeal i was her representive on the day and guess what we won it was just nice to prove that she does have a disability so all i can say is dont give up and all the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Souacel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #158339 by Souacel
Replied by Souacel on topic PIP Tribunal Today...
I had my long awaited PIP tribunal this afternoon, and just wanted to share my experience. I got there with the help of a friend who does everything for me and with me when my husband is at work or dealing with our three children. I was showed to a waiting room and told that the clerk would come and meet me when it was my time.

A couple came out of the tribunal room in tears, but went on to advise me that they were all lovely in there, very understanding but professional. They didn't seem to have much hope of a positive result, but were ushered back in to the tribunal room to be told the outcome and left without me finding out.

So I tried to calm myself down with their advice that there was nothing to worry about. The clerk came and collected the extra paperwork that I had taken in, and a few minutes later my friend and I were ushered into the dreaded room. In we go, to find a big table. The 'judge' as he called himself was in the middle of two women; one doctor and one disability adviser. There was no one there from the DWP. The usher sat to the side of the room. I was extremely nervous, it was hot, I started to sweat and couldn't bare to make eye contact.

Anyhow, one by one they asked me questions from what appeared to be very long lists in front of them. I honestly felt like I was being tried for some crime or other! My friend went to answer some questions and was told to stop speaking. The 'judge' then proceeded to say that since I had requested the tribunal I should be able to manage to answer the questions on my own.

The doctor spoke a lot about my mental/emotional disabilities, the other lady was more about my home life, how I deal with my kids, how I feed them etc. The 'judge' then asked the same questions again, as if trying to catch me out.

Obviously, I have nothing to hide and I know that the points I make were valid. However, I felt like I was being cross-examined and prosecuted! Unless the lady before me had a different panel then I cannot understand how she thought they were kind and understanding!

My friend and I left there practically shaking. On top of which I was then told that I would receive my decision in the post, unlike the previous lady who had been told there and then.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I will be told another big fat NO. At which point I am giving up because I cant put myself through this again. It was horrific.

Im so sorry to have to report this!! I know it isn't what people want to hear if they are waiting for their tribunal. However, obviously they had the potential to be nice, they just chose not to be with me!!! I'm not sure if showing them that I was clued up (thanks to this amazing site) was a good idea after all, maybe it just wound them up!!!

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #158353 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Tribunal Today...
Hi Souacel,

I have merged this post with the previous topic relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and also means that anyone who wants to can read the whole story. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now.

I'm sorry that the tribunal was such a bad experience for you :(

You might be surprised though - we have members who had a terrible time but got a positive decision and vice verse.

PLease come back and let us know when you do get the decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #158361 by Souacel
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback, I'm not very tech-savvy so I appreciate you doing that for me!

S x
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 6 days ago #158458 by Souacel
Turned down.. I knew it would be. They said they accepted that I was physically and emotionally disabled, but that my disabilities were not enough for any award. I'm done. Will never put myself through this again.

More
8 years 6 days ago #158475 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal Today...

Souacel wrote: Turned down.. I knew it would be. They said they accepted that I was physically and emotionally disabled, but that my disabilities were not enough for any award. I'm done. Will never put myself through this again.

Sorry to hear this. If you change your mind you can make a new claim for PIP at any time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Souacel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.