× Members

PIP Tribunal Won!

More
7 years 11 months ago #158341 by Debbie
PIP Tribunal Won! was created by Debbie
We win my daughter's PIP tribunal back in November and she received the enhanced rate care and enhanced rate mobility. Today I have received new forms to fill out, saying 'we are looking at your claim again'. Is this usual? I assumed they would send a renewal pack near to her 18th birthday, but she was only 17 in March!!
Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal Won!

Debbie wrote: We win my daughter's PIP tribunal back in November and she received the enhanced rate care and enhanced rate mobility. Today I have received new forms to fill out, saying 'we are looking at your claim again'. Is this usual? I assumed they would send a renewal pack near to her 18th birthday, but she was only 17 in March!!
Any thoughts?

When does the current award end?

I'm afraid the DWP are reassessing the majority of PIP claims a year in advance of the claim ending, the legislation allows them to issue a reassessment at any time and for any reason.

This is a full reassessment of your daughters claim. so the PIP2 needs to be completed in detail and you need to supply relevant supporting evidence, even if it was used in the original claim.

The PIP Descriptors have not changed but some of the DWP guidance has, so you should make sure that you use the current PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.