× Members

Please help/advise

More
7 years 11 months ago #158382 by Rae323
Please help/advise was created by Rae323
I have long term mental health issues(BPD)and been working 16hrs a week for a year now. The rest of the time I stay at home. I have a face to face tomorrow to change from DLA to PIP tomorrow and I'm really scared and anxious. I've heard so many bad things about these interviews and I don't know what to do or say or do. Please can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158397 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Please help/advise
Hi Rae and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that this is so worrying for you!

Our PIP guide has a section, near the back, that tells you what to expect from the Face2face assessment.

PIP help for claimants

Although we hear horror stories about assessments, it is human nature to make a noise when something is wrong - but not when things are right!

You might find this recent topic reassuring

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=109253

I hope you have such a good experience.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser so that you can find it easily in future. Then you will be able to come back and tell us how you got on without having to start a new topic. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rae323

More
7 years 11 months ago #158466 by Rae323
Replied by Rae323 on topic Please help/advise
Hi, I've just got back from my PIP assessment, I was in there for around 90mins. The man I saw was lovely but have come out of there from feeling deflated. I didn't feel prepared and and just wanted to rush through everything. Now just the long wait! I will keep you posted!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.