× Members

What Benefits should I be getting

More
7 years 11 months ago #158414 by stripey1877
What Benefits should I be getting was created by stripey1877
As you know by previous questions I have asked and you have answered, I have been getting both higher rates of DLA on an indefinite period, My wife gets Carers Allowance and for the past 2 years they have topped it up with ESA I presume.

After some 10 years on Benefits I suddenly and unexpectedly got in an ESA50 to complete, so far my DLA and my wife's Carers Allowance have not been affected.

If I loose ESA i will lose the ESA currently received of £301.00. So what do I do whilst I appeal the decision..Is it the case that you just have to get by on DLA and Carers Allowance.

I am married with no dependents

NB The ESA I receive has not increased in 2 years, is this correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158416 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic What Benefits should I be getting
Hi Stripey,

You will give yourself the best chance of being re-awarded ESA if you make full use of our guides.

ESA claims and appeals

If you lose your ESA completely it will not be paid during the MR process and until DWP have been notified that a formal appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal Service.

During this time claimants can claim JSA - they have just been officially declared 'fir for work'! It is possible to gain up to 13 weeks exemption from job finding activities by presenting a fitnote once the claim has been accepted (not before). This is usually enough to see the MR completed.

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit this would also be stopped as DWP inform them that the ESA has been refused. It is possible to reclaim HB on the grounds of low income and, I believe, this is usually a quick and easy process.

You might also want to have a look to turn2us to see if there is anything else you can claim

www.turn2us.org.uk/

If your ESA reassessment fails, we will talk you through the system. Let's try not to get too far ahead of ourselves.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your ESA claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stripey1877

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.