× Members

Motability Car and Reconsideration of PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158764 by CariadRed
Hi

As it stands if you are denied the enhanced mobility part of PIP, you then have to arrange to return your motability car within 21 days of your DLA stopping. I am on an indefinite DLA award currently and just awaiting my PIP decision any day now. I am particularly fearful of the enhanced mobility part as I currently have a Motability car.

What I would like to know is if you request a mandatory reconsideration of PIP if you are denied the enhanced mobility rate, are you still forced to return your car while they are reconsidering the decision or are you able to keep the vehicle during the reconsideration process?

If you are forced to return the car and the reconsideration means the original decision on mobility is overturned are you then able to get the same car back as you had previously?

Thank you for any advice given.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158765 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Motability Car and Reconsideration of PIP
CariadRed

It's something you would have to discuss with Motability should the need arrive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CariadRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.