× Members

23 minute PIP assessment!!!!!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #158788 by Mimgable
23 minute PIP assessment!!!!!! was created by Mimgable
Does anyone know if any agency collating information regarding the time PIP assessors are taking over their assessments in order to challenge what is going on?

My assessment was done in 23 minutes! They will have recorded on their system a long time, as they whipped into trying to bombard me and I had to interrupt and say 'before we start...' as I had questions re had they got up to date paperwork etc. That used 10 mins, and then the assessor spent a bit of time chatting to me companion about a retreat centre they both knew at the end.

So 23 mins and they think they have a full and comprehensive assessment as to how my mental health impacts on my ability to manage daily living tasks!! Not possible on any basis.

It was the most appalling assessment I have every witnessed, been party to, or been the subject of. I am a social worker so do assessments all the time, so do know! Plus it did not meet many of the criteria in DWP guidance.

This is very very scary as these people's decisions affect lives! Your life decided in 23 mins!

If anyone can provide any contacts eg benefits agencies, disability organisations who can use this information let me know please. (yes I will complain to Atos who subcontracted it to Premex, and the DWP).

Mim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 23 minute PIP assessment!!!!!!
Mim

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any organisation collating this type of information, if any members are aware of one please feel free to reply.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159072 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic 23 minute PIP assessment!!!!!!
Hi Mim,

I had the same situation as you. My PiP assessment took 20 minutes. Even though when I received my ATOS assessment report it states I was assessed for 31 minutes (even 31 minutes is not long enough for a full assessment).

I have looked for organisations to help, but I couldn’t find any. Sorry.

The best way I thought of challenging the length of assessment was too ask for the assessment report, then go through the report and state/prove how the HP failed to assess and ask questions on all heath issues. Then come to their conclusions (mainly down to the length of assessment). I found, and I’m sure you will find a lot of the HP conclusions are wholly fabricated.

Throughout my PIP mandatory reconsideration request letter, I repeatedly questioned the assessment time. I did write a section on the length of assessment. Not sure if it will help you, however I wrote this:

Assessment Time
The HP states the assessment was conclude within 31 minutes. (started 9.02am – finished 9.31am). This is absolutely untruthful.

I arrived at the reception at 9.00am. I asked if my mother and me had to sign in, I got told ’no it’s ok’. We sat down and waited for roughly 10 minutes for the HP to come and greet us.

I went into the assessment at 9.10am. I then left the room, as I forgot my ID that was in my coat that my mother had. I came back in. The assessment was over by 9.30am. In fact I would say a few minutes earlier.

When I came out, even my mother remarked on how quickly the assessment lasted.

I was told (by PIP customer services) and was expecting this assessment to last between 1-2 hours.

To get a comprehensive full assessment and complete physical examination, it would take 1-2 hours. It is impossible to get a full understanding and evaluations of any person’s life, disabled or not within 20 minutes chat. Even within a 30 minute chat.

Most of the HP conclusions are wholly fabricated.

I have sent in a letter from my mother confirming my above statement.

I also have (or will) sent in medical reports from my surgeons, doctors and speech therapist. Whose assessments are in-depth and lasted a lot longer than 20 minutes along with statements from my unofficial carers who have been my carers for the past 37 years.
I’ve provided you with more comprehensive reports. My carers know me better than the HP who ‘examined’ me for 20 minutes, I believe their evidence should be taken into a higher consideration when making a decision about my disability.

I hope this helps you Mim. Good luck.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.