× Members

ESA Assessment with a Healthcare Professional.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158795 by BUGGERLUGS
It's been about two and a half years since my second Tribunal win and was only a matter of time I suppose when the dreaded form arrived for the capability for work questionnaire approximately two months ago. After getting my wife/carer and my son to spend several days filling in this form and sending in copious amounts of hospital and doctor's evidence with the form, we have been informed that I must attend an assessment. This makes one wonder what was the point of all of the work and evidence that was sent in as it doesn't appear that the powers that be have taken any notice of it especially when a hospital consultant states that this person is very severely disabled and needs help etc.

I must admit that I am absolutely dreading this interview considering some of the negative stories that have been published both on this website and in the media. And to think after all of this, there is still the kerfuffle and worry of the DLA to PIP assessment scenario to cope with in the very near future. This is having a really detrimental effect both physically and mentally on my health and on my family and is if anything draining and we are very fearful for the future. But, alas nothing can be done about it as it's up to the powers that be now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158822 by slugsta
Hi bl and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help explain how things work

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid it is entirely up to the assessor whether or not the claimant is required to attend a face2face appointment. Whilst undoubtedly trying to help, your consultant referring to 'disability' would not make any difference at all. It is entirely possible for someone to be on enhanced rates of DLA/PIP and still work full time.

The ESA descriptors don't even look, directly, at the ability to work or whether anyone would be willing to employ! It is awarded solely for meeting very specific criteria (descriptors)

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

That is all academic now that a face2face has been requested. Our ESA guide has a section, towards the back, that explains what you can expect to happen at this appointment.

ESA claims and appeals

You should keep in mind that you can be observed entering and leaving the assessment building and how you got there can also form part of the assessment process.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions or comments rather than having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUGGERLUGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.