× Members

PIP letter received, not got enhanced mobility .

More
7 years 10 months ago #160623 by Crafty cow
Replied by Crafty cow on topic PIP letter received, not got enhanced mobility .
Hi again,

Sorry for the delay in any responses.

I sent the letter of asking for a mandatory reconsideration, and a copy of the assessment, as you advised me. The assessment came yesterday.

I noticed that the guy assessing had said that I sat comfortably for 35 minutes. Their was nothing comfortable about my sitting position, perched on the edge of a chair resting on a walking stick, in pain.

It also said, as I have already mentioned, that I was observed to walk 20 metres, so he feels confident that I could manage 50, hence the drop in points. He acknowledge lack of movement in my legs, and leg weakness, and that I have some muscle wasting in my right leg,

Just so I can put an argument together based on these facts, are they assessing you on the ability to walk. just on the premise of putting one foot in front of the other and moving, or the ability to walk without pain, weakness, having to stop and dragging my leg?

I remember reading somewhere, that DLA was to help people live with disabilities, and lead as normal a life as possible. Does this still have any significance as a statement with pip?

For me, it is the difference between being able to get my children to school at morning, and not being able to take them. Based on £25 per week mobility component, and paying out £80 a week on taxis.

I have read so many frustrations in the media about these decisions and feel empathic for all the people who have lost out, I just hope that all of you who need help get the justice you deserve.

Thanks for reading, sorry if it reads as ranty, but I am so frustrated at the moment lol.

:unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160644 by Gordon
Crafty cow

You are trying to argue against the assessor's opinion, those looking at it will consider their training and experience and will likely apply considerable weight to that opinion, you would be better of showing that the "walking" that was observed was the exception rather than the rule.

Go back to basics and describe your problems with walking remembering to include any issues you have with reliably and consider whether the majority of days applies to your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.