× Members

DLA/PIP/ESA

More
7 years 11 months ago #158839 by maximoe
DLA/PIP/ESA was created by maximoe
Hi, I was just wondering, If you still fill in the forms as though you're having a bad day, before you take any medication or is it you're having a bad day after you have taken you're medication???? I have always filled in all my forms, as though I'm having a bad day before taking any medications. Is this still correct?? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158844 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA/PIP/ESA
Maureen

This has never been the correct advice although I know that many advisors still say this and I have received this advice myself. There have been several high profile prosecutions against claimants who have done this resulting in £10,000s having to be repaid and their receiving criminal records.

You need to explain how your conditions affect you across a range of severities, certainly explain how you are when you are at your worst, but also explain how you are on average and how you are at your best. For each of these you need to explain how often you are affected in this way

Again, ignoring the effects of medicine would mean that you are misrepresenting how your conditions affect you on a daily basis, you will be assessed on the basis of you taking any prescribed medicine and there may be a considerable difference in what you can do with and without your medicine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.