× Members

PIP

More
8 years 21 hours ago #158857 by susiebrown
PIP was created by susiebrown
Today I was awarded std care and std mobility for 5 years. Upset as I have held higher DLA componants and have a motability car which as from 7th june is off the road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 18 hours ago - 8 years 18 hours ago #158875 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
Hi susie,

I'm sorry that you are not happy with your PIP award. The first thing to say is that PIP has deliberately been made harder to qualify for than DLA, especially the enhanced mobility component. So it might be that the award you have is the right one for you.

I suggest you have a look at the PIP guide to assess where you believe you should have scored points. If you can clearly see that you should have scored enough points for the enhanced award then you can consider a Mandatory Reconsideration.

You would probably be wise to request a copy of the assessor's report from DWP as that will tell you why you did not score what you should have. This might take a while to arrive, you should not wait for it if doing so would delay your MR request beyond the 1 month allowed. The PIP guide explains how to deal with this.

When you have the assessor's report we will have a better idea of how and where your claim failed and will be able to offer more specific advice.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 18 hours ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159365 by susiebrown
Replied by susiebrown on topic PIP
I have asked to speak about my assessment and the points I'm not happy with.
If I ask for a mandatory reconsideration will my benefits stop?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159376 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

susieb wrote: I have asked to speak about my assessment and the points I'm not happy with.
If I ask for a mandatory reconsideration will my benefits stop?

As you have received an award this will remain in payment until a new Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161397 by susiebrown
Replied by susiebrown on topic PIP
I have the reply to the mandatory reconsideration and I'm slightly angry at a few points. I use a pill organiser as I take many tablets varing throughout the day, they totally disregarded it as my mental state is good.
I was 'observed' getting out of the car which was parked in a side street so they said I could walk up to 50 metres. They would not take into account walking up and slopes although I live on a hill. They won't take using buses or taxis in to account either.
I filled out the form following your guide lines but now I feel they need looking at as the assessor dismissed alot of what I used.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161417 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Susieb

I'm sorry that your MR was unsuccessful, revision rates are low and tend to be worse the more detail you have included in your PIP2 form.

I'm afraid the walking test for PIP is on flat ground, even though you live on a hill this will not be considered.

The DWP guidance issued to assessors includes references to the use Public Transport, however, the legislation does not, we have seen mixed results from Decision Makers, where some have taken it into account and others have not. It's a difficult point to press because of the lack of support in the actual law.

If you want to challenge their Decision further then the next stage is to appeal, the PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and instructions on how to do so.

Appeal success rates are currently well over 50%.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.