× Members

pip refused

More
7 years 11 months ago #158860 by dawn000
pip refused was created by dawn000
Hi
I had a pip medical 3 weeks ago.I received the letter yesterday which said i was not entitlement to any thing at all,
said i scored o on everything.
I have COPD very severe osteoporosis of the lowwr spine, sciatica in both legs and bottom, i can barley walk not only due to the pain but because i get out of breath so badly
i take morphine for my pain but still am in constant severe pain
i have not seen a report from the MP who did my medical but on reading what they have said im thinking she could not have been talking about me,
she said i walked 200 metres with out stopping, this was so untrue i was with my carer and i stopped at least 4 times,she also said i did not have a obvious wheeze, she never even examination my chest and i was on steroids and antibiotics at the time due to a chest infection.i was on high rate mobility and and living allowence,..yet was scored 0, i have ask to appeal on this and am still waiting for a phone call. i have also ask to see a copy of HP assement on me
this is making me so ill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158869 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic pip refused
Hello Dawn

So sorry you've had such a bad experience with your assessment.

You're quite entitled to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration; first of all you need to get a copy of the assessment report, which you can obtain from the DWP. Once you have the report, you can go through it question by question and pick out where the assessor obviously made a mistake(!)

Once you have made the decision to ask for mandatory recon. you have four weeks in which to prepare your list of queries about the assessor's report. The more you are able to point out where the assessor was mistaken in a rational, reasonable way (don't get angry or upset - just state the truth) the more likely the decision maker is to listen to your argument. (Calling the assessor a liar is never a good idea!)

Go through the guides on the website which deal with the appeals process and follow them closely, picking out the descriptors which apply to you and explain that you feel you qualify for more points than you have been awarded, and why.

Your carer was with you at the assessment, so she might also include a short letter of support for your argument. Then all you can do is wait.

Good luck with the MR. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158931 by dawn000
Replied by dawn000 on topic pip refused
thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.