× Members

DLA stopping invite for PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158933 by Jo
DLA stopping invite for PIP was created by Jo
Hi All,

I was awarded DLA & IIDB for life but have just received the letter inviting me to apply for the PIP.

As being out of the loop for a while is there any suggestions apart form reading the guides anyone can suggest.

Is it worth seeing my GP ? She's not great - I had to ask for a letter for work on how my disability affects me & all they did was write down what condition I had & what medication I took. Work was happy enough but I'm not sure that will help with my assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158950 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic DLA stopping invite for PIP
Hello Jo

The usual suggestions when preparing for applying for PIP;

Read through the guides, check which descriptors you feel apply to you and work out what points you feel should earn.

Collect together all the (recent) evidence you can, anything which will explain the way in which your illness/disability impacts on your daily life. Letters from Consultants, GP, Physio, Carers all will help. Just make sure that what the letters/notes say does support your claim.. Don't send appointment letters. Do send details of how any medication affects you, if there are any adverse effects.

Keep a diary for a few days, showing what help you need. Ask friends/family etc to keep a note of how they help you.

You are entitled to see your medical records. If you want copies I think you have to pay; get on to your practice manager and check what the situation is. If your GP refuses to give you a letter, again approach the practice manager. Quite often they are able to 'persuade' the GP to help. Approach your HR department at work and ask what support they can give to help you in your claim. They will have a complete record of your attendance etc. and sick days.

Other than that, complete the application as fully and comprehensively as you can. Please don't claim that every day is a 'worst' day - explain how many bad days, moderate days and 'good' days you would have over a period of time. Explain how bad a bad day is, and how 'good' a good day is etc. The guides will let you know how to approach this effectively.

Other than that make sure you send the form recorded delivery. Make sure you keep a copy of the completed form.

Good luck :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158974 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA stopping invite for PIP
Hi Jo, the PIP guide can be found here

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.