× Members

Demand To Change My Payment Account !

More
7 years 11 months ago #158951 by Bellow
I've just received a letter from the DWP demanding that I change my payment account !
At present, my benefit is paid into a Post Office card account and this arrangement suits me just fine.
However, I am now informed that I am now 'expected' to use a bank, building society or credit union account as 8 out of 10 people have their benefit paid in this way !

The letter does not explain what the problem is concerning payment into a Post Office account and quite frankly, I want this arrangement to continue.

Have you guys got any explanation for this and do I HAVE to yield to what appears to be a wholly unreasonable demand ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158969 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Demand To Change My Payment Account !
Hi Bakerman,

Yes, this is happening quite a lot at the moment.

You will find it explained here

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=109084

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159075 by Bellow
Replied by Bellow on topic Demand To Change My Payment Account !
Thanks for the swift response and comforting to know that I'm not the only one who has been targeted in this way.

I'd agree with most of the comments aired elsewhere on this forum - setting up another account somewhere else is likely to prove a huge inconvenience, especially as I'm perfectly happy with my current arrangement.

At least I now know WHY they want me to change, but why on earth could they not mention it in their letter ?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159098 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Demand To Change My Payment Account !
DWP have never been known for the clarity of their communication! :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.