× Members

Medical evidence for new pip claim

More
7 years 11 months ago #159042 by dawn
Hi , I'm a newbie and I'm so glad I found your site. I have been ill for about 2 years , if not more. I only went to the doctors occasionally as I'm more of a put up with and get on with it kind of person. I have been going to the doctors more in the last year because I couldn't ignore my problems anymore and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
My question is I haven't got much medical evidence to back up my claim for pip. Would this make any difference . Also I have to drive as my son is autistic and will not leave the house unless he is in a car, my car is automatic . This is very problematic at the moment as I have episodes , although very briefly where I haven't a clue where I am , I cannot afford to loose my licence or not drive . How will pip deal with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159064 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical evidence for new pip claim

dawn wrote: Hi , I'm a newbie and I'm so glad I found your site. I have been ill for about 2 years , if not more. I only went to the doctors occasionally as I'm more of a put up with and get on with it kind of person. I have been going to the doctors more in the last year because I couldn't ignore my problems anymore and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
My question is I haven't got much medical evidence to back up my claim for pip. Would this make any difference . Also I have to drive as my son is autistic and will not leave the house unless he is in a car, my car is automatic . This is very problematic at the moment as I have episodes , although very briefly where I haven't a clue where I am , I cannot afford to loose my licence or not drive . How will pip deal with this.

I would start by discussing the issue with your GP, they may be able to provide a letter of support, failing that you can access your medical records. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

You may not want to hear this, but you should discuss your problems when driving with your GP as well, there may be no issue, but if there is and you have an accident then your insurance may be invalidated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.