× Members

ESA support group

More
7 years 11 months ago #159111 by Victoria
ESA support group was created by Victoria
Hi there
I will have been on ESA in the supported group for 3years next month. When am I likely to be re-assessed?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159117 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA support group
Hello Victoria

Before I try to respond to your query, are you aware that your full name is showing? If you go to 'Frequently asked Questions' it will explain there how you can change this.

In answer to your query, I am assuming that your award letter placing you in the support group didn't tell you when you could expect to be reassessed? If it didn't then I think the answer is that I have no idea.

If you're concerned, then contact the DWP and ask, There was a suspension of re-assessments for some time because of the backlog of cases, but I think that is (almost) sorted now, Unless anyone out there has any definite timeline, then perhaps the best thing to do is leave well alone. Unfortunately there is nothing else to be done. :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victoria

More
7 years 11 months ago #159138 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA support group
Hi Victoria,

ESA is actually an indefinite award, it has not official end date. However, there will be a 'prognosis' on the DWP computer which will be when to expect reassessment. Claimants are not routinely given this information but you will be told if you phone DWP and ask for the 'prognosis'.

The maximum term for people in the Support Group is usually 3 years. However, the system became very backlogged and routine reassessments were suspended for several years. They started again at the end of last year and seem to be in full flow now.

You do not have to do anything about this unless you want to. Your award will not end (and payment will continue) until a new decision is made.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159141 by Victoria
Replied by Victoria on topic ESA support group
Thank you for your reply, really helpful

More
7 years 11 months ago #159142 by Victoria
Replied by Victoria on topic ESA support group
Thank you for pointing out my mistake with my name and your reply. Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.