× Members

Contribution ESA stopped, what to do now?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159161 by Catie
Hi my partner's ESA was stopped in Jan as they said he was fit for work after assessment. Mandatory reconsideration failed and he had appealed using your guides. He didn't want to claim JSA as he was worried it would harm his appeal so have been managing on my wage. His appeal has been granted but got letter from DWP saying they will pay ESA again from Jan but only till march as he has hit 365 days. No mention of what he should do now. Do we need to make another claim for income based ESA? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159195 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution ESA stopped, what to do now?

Catie wrote: Hi my partner's ESA was stopped in Jan as they said he was fit for work after assessment. Mandatory reconsideration failed and he had appealed using your guides. He didn't want to claim JSA as he was worried it would harm his appeal so have been managing on my wage. His appeal has been granted but got letter from DWP saying they will pay ESA again from Jan but only till march as he has hit 365 days. No mention of what he should do now. Do we need to make another claim for income based ESA? Your help is greatly appreciated.

You don't need to make a new claim ESA is a single benefit with two payment methods, but you will need to ask to be financially assessed so ask the DWP to send you an ESA3 form. ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.