× Members

Worried in case I deleted an ansafone msg from DWP

More
7 years 11 months ago #159273 by Chrissy
Hi

I was due to be reasessed for ESA last june and I have a lifetime DLA award.
My postcode begins with SN so I dont think I am among the claimants that are going to be invited for pip but am not totally sure.

Anyway, what I am worried about is this.
About a fortnight ago, I broke my answerphone on my home phone, and when trying to fix it today, I accidentally deleted a few messages without listening to them first, and am worried that one of these un-listened to messages could have been from DWP, Maximus or Captia regarding either my ESA or DLA
in connection with my ESA or DLA or pip invite

I know the DWP do phone people up, and now I am worried that if they have left an answerphone message, and I deleted it by accident, and missed it, it will appear to them that I have ignored them, and they may stop my money.

I hate using the phone it has me in pieces, also I am afraid to ring the DWP in case it triggers of a reassessment of either my ESA or DLA and I would love some reassurance or help please

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159289 by slugsta
Hi Chrissy,

If the DWP had tried to ring and you had not replied, they would follow up in writing.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

More
7 years 11 months ago #159325 by Chrissy
Hi Mrs Hurtyback

Thank you for your reply, but im still a bit confused sorry.

If they have left an answerphone message which I had not replied to cos i deleted it by accident (If they had left one), then wouldnt that look like i was ignoring them, so they would stop my money
I am also asking this question about Capita, Atos or whoever

If DWP Capita or Maximus or Atos left an answerphone message inviting me to interview and it looked like I had ignored it, cos I deleted the messages by accident, would they still write to me, even though it may look like i ignored any messages left by either DWP or the other three companies?
sorry to ask for more clarification

More
7 years 11 months ago #159326 by Chrissy
mrs hurtyback, sorry to add an addendum to my message, does your reply apply to Capita Atos and Maximus as well, if I never responded to any answerphone message, they would write?
knowing this would reassure me, cos I got a DLA payment today, as it goes, but I dont wanna be worrying for the next four weeks in case I dont get paid for ignoring an answerphone message, again my apologies

Also, as I am on lifetime DLA award if I fail PIP, could they look at my ESA claim

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159342 by Gordon
Chrissy

Any requirement that the DWP might have for information etc. will always be made in writing and all assessment appointments made by ATOS, Capita and Maximus have to be in writing as well.

There is nothing that any of these organisations might contact you by phone that requires action by you that will not be followed up in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Chrissy

More
7 years 11 months ago #159390 by Chrissy

Gordon wrote: Chrissy

Any requirement that the DWP might have for information etc. will always be made in writing and all assessment appointments made by ATOS, Capita and Maximus have to be in writing as well.

There is nothing that any of these organisations might contact you by phone that requires action by you that will not be followed up in writing.

Gordon

A MASSIVE thank you for that reassurance Gordon.
I really appreciate it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.