× Members

recording PIP assessments

More
7 years 11 months ago #159315 by Batmanthedog
recording PIP assessments was created by Batmanthedog
Hi

I can see that the claims guide for PIP states that medical assessments may be recorded. I just wondered if I can ask whether you advise that people do this? Or could it cause problems in any way at all?

Also, the claim guide states that dual tape/CD recorder must be used. I have two single tape recorders, so I can still record two copies at the same time and give one to the assessor, but they are two separate machines, and not one. Is this okay do you think?

Many thanks for your time.
Alice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159329 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic recording PIP assessments
Hello batmanthedog

It could be a good idea to record your assessment, especially if your are attending on your own. You can request that the DWP provide the equipment for recording, but there are only limited recorders available, and these might not be available even though you are told they will be.

Two separate recorders should be alright - other people have used two separate ones. - I think it doesn't matter so long as there is a copy for the assessor.

You are not allowed to use mobile phones/smart phones etc., as you will know from reading the guides.

Good luck with the assessment :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Batmanthedog

More
7 years 11 months ago #159330 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic recording PIP assessments
batmanthedog

Just to be clear, neither ATOS nor Capita offer recording services for PIP claims, the claimant must provide their own facilities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Batmanthedog

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.