× Members

income support

More
7 years 11 months ago #159317 by thomas51
income support was created by thomas51
Hello there,
i am at my wits ends.....seriously i had a melt down yesterday!
my sons pip was declined after a appeal so we are going too tribunal.
Myself his mother as his carer due too his mental health ,sorted all the claim out and letter from gp.....
due to the claim being refused i accepted my carers allowance would be stopped along with the small amount of income support.
Myself who is on low pip due too the stress of caring for my son have too lost all my income support which was the severe disability add ons.......
can they do this ?
i rang DWP and i was spoken down too ,i have never,ever felt so unworthy before in my life,i just could not comprehend how my income support from my pip claim could be stopped but i accept the income support for the carers allowance would stop!
so for now with a mortgage too pay i have been left a total income £52 a week too support myself and son....
Can they do this!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159334 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic income support
Thomas's mom

I'm afraid you are caught in a chain of events; your CA is dependant on your son's PIP, the IS is only payable because of the CA and the Premiums for your PIP are payable because you are receiving IS.

At this time your only option is to claim JSA, you may be able to negotiate a minimum Job Search agreement because of your caring responsibilities, alternatively, if your GP is prepared to certify you as Unfit for Work, once your JSA has been accepted you can present a Fit Note and be excused any job searching for up to 13 weeks.

In regard you appealing your son's PIP, have a look at the PIP Appeal guide there is a link to the SSCS1 form you will need to complete and instructions on how to do so.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159346 by thomas51
Replied by thomas51 on topic income support
Thankyou Gordon,
Its is so complicated! i see what you mean now ,because i had a top up of income support from carers ,this enabled the premiums to be added to my own PIP! ..........
Thankyou gordon ,you have explained it too me perfectly! i shall do as you say and make them know of my caring duties,i would never have thought of doing that, sound advice !
kind regards
brenda

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.