× Members

medical assessment

More
7 years 11 months ago #159322 by mikayla
medical assessment was created by mikayla
I asked a question on the forum yesterday looking for a phone number to ask for my med assessment,I have been fortunate to have been placed in the support group and an admin gave me the link to the number for which I am also grateful.

Anyway,I called and asked for the forms etc,the lady asked me to hold as she said she could'nt find it,when she came back to me she gave me information that has astounded me,the examining doctor had been very negative and the DWP and Decision Maker over ruled him,she said they had looked back to previous assessments and it looked as if I was a different person that the doctor had seen,I'm really upset about this,he recommended WRAG but decision maker decided against this.................apparently I can't have my med assessment form,why? anyone have any ideas..............................I can only have the decision makers form,any advice would be appreciated.....I saw this same doctor 5 years ago and I lost my DLA and gave up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159340 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic medical assessment
Mikayla

It's possible that the report contains Harmful Information in which case it can only be released by a doctor, also, it seems to have been quite negative so is unlikely to of any use for your PIP claim. You can pursue the matter if you still want to by issuing a Subject Access Request.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159363 by mikayla
Replied by mikayla on topic medical assessment
Thankyou Gordon,I don't think there will be anything harmful in the report,I will be requesting the info.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159667 by mikayla
Replied by mikayla on topic medical assessment
I received a call from DWP yesterday,the lady said that I could not get the decision makers report,I told her I had not asked for that and that I had requested the medical examiners report and my original ESA50,she is sending me the medical examiners report and I think it will be an interesting read,she said that my ESA50 was at another department and she would send for it to pass on to me,whata mix-up.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.