× Members

Mandatory reconsideration

More
8 years 1 month ago #156261 by Jane Hinsley
Replied by Jane Hinsley on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Further to my recent posts below I have today received the assessors detailed report of my face to face meeting and why I was turned down on my reassessment for PIP.

The person who conducted my assessment was a physiotherapist according to the form.

I would like some guidance please on how to deal with the reconsideration on a couple of points please.

1. In 2013 I was awarded 2 points for a raised toilet seat. 2016 they are saying adequate lower limb/spinal function is observed so basically

2. In 2013 I was awarded 3 points for washing and bathing and 4 points for dressing/undressing. Today is 2 points for each Basically they are saying on all my dressing/undressing/bathing that like above my lower limb spinal function is ok. I can assure you it isn't.

They are saying on both that I need an aid (is that meant to be my husband)? All they keep banging on about is "a significant impairment is inconsistent with the MSO and the informal observations which demonstrated adequate lower limb/spinal function". How can I address this point? I was asked to do various tests with hands legs and bending down etc

3. The final point in 2013 I was awarded 2 points for preparing food. 2016 award was 0 as they said I had adequate pinch and grip and lower limb/spinal functikon.

Any help would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #156283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Clifford

Most of the comments seem to be related to lower back and limb function so I would start be concentrating on this.

Do you have any recent medical reports or letters that deal with your restrictions in this area?

Do you take pain or anti-inflammatory medication for the problems with your back?

Have you spoken to your GP about the PIP result to see what help they might provide, I would expect them to be able to make comments on the restrictions that would reasonably be expected from your lower back problems.

Are you happy that you adequately explained your limitations on the PIP2, I would sit down with the form, the assessment report and the guide to make sure that you have provided the best answer that you can.

You need to be aware that the revision rate at MR is quite low, the rate at appeal is significantly higher, so don't get deterred if the Decision remains unchanged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159385 by Jane Hinsley
Could someone advise please. I have been successful with my pip mandatory reconsideration. Will I receive back pay from when it was stopped back in March through until now

Thanks

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159415 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi Clifford,

I have merged this query with the previous topic relating to your PIP so that everything is in one place and anyone who wishes to can see the whole story.

I am very glad that the Mandatory Reconsideration went in your favour - it does happen but is not common.

This decision, in effect, remakes the original decision. Therefore the arrears should be dated from the time your PIP was stopped.

I'm not sure how long backpay usually takes to reach your account, but there should be little to delay it (other than usual DWP slowness!).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160234 by Jane Hinsley
I would just like to say a big thank you to the forum.

I have been successful with my mandatory reconsideration and have actually received the higher rate of daily living.

I have received my back payments too which was put into my bank within three days.

I would just like to say the support and help from this group is wonderful and I cannot thank you enough.

Much appreciated

More
7 years 11 months ago #160269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Clifford

A very good way to end the week, congratulations.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.