× Members

Pip query

More
7 years 11 months ago #159397 by Tony Chambers
Pip query was created by Tony Chambers
Hi I have been getting disability an with full mobility for about eight years and they have just sent me a letter to apply for pip if I want it, the letter says I have up to 9th June to apply.
How should I handle this should I apply right away or leave it, how long do you have to return the form and then how long again till they make a decision, I just thought if I delayed I suppose I will carry on with my current payments until they make a decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159418 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip query
Hi andWelcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It is up to you exactly when you initiate your PIP claim, but I would always suggest leaving yourself a little margin for error rather than leaving it to the last minute.

As long as you comply with the timescales set by DWP your DLA will remain in payment until 1 month after the PIP decision.

The criteria for PIP are very different from those for DLA, so please make sure you read our guides carefully before you complete the PIP2 form that will be sent to you.

The PIP guide also explains the process, right from the phone call you make initiating your claim.

PIP help for claimants

The PIP2 form will probably be sent to you several weeks after your initial phonecall. You will have 4 weeks (from the date on the letter) in which to get the form returned. A 2 week extension is usually granted on request.

The time between you returning the PIP2 form and hearing again from the assessment provider (ATOS or Capita) is quite variable. Once you have had a face2face assessment (if required) the decision is currently taking upwards of 8 weeks.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.