× Members

Copy of medical assesment

More
7 years 11 months ago #158548 by dennis white
Copy of medical assesment was created by dennis white
Hi Peoples... I have just received my appointment date for a home assesment, does anyone know if i will still receive my benifit payments while waiting for a decission and more impotant keep my mobility car...

Thanks in advance...... :S :S :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158580 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Copy of medical assesment
D

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Your DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision on your PIP Claim is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159399 by dennis white
Replied by dennis white on topic Copy of medical assesment
Hi all... Well after returning my form for transfer from DLA to PIP i received a letter wit my apointment for the assesment, i was very surprised to see that this was arranged for a home visit which i had not even applied for... This had been arranged for 1-30 pm and a nurse arrived at 12-30pm and was very apologetic but one wonders if this may be a regular occurrence.
Anyway the lady was very nice and seemed to be very sympathetic she asked a lot of the questions that are listed in your self assesment topic and gave me a test for my range of movements.... before leaving i did ask her opinion on the possible outcome and she did say that all she had seen on the day was all very consistant with the paperwork and the questions i had answered on my application form and would be surprised if there was a problem on the decision
but did stress the final decision did not lie with her, so now it is another stressful wait for that dredded brown envelope dropping through the letter box.....

More
7 years 11 months ago #159401 by dennis white
Replied by dennis white on topic Copy of medical assesment
Hi... Can anyone advise... Just yesterday had my assesment can i receive a copy of the assesment report and scores.... If so how and when can i apply for this...

Many thanks in advance....

More
7 years 11 months ago #159422 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Copy of medical assesment
Hello Dennis

Before I begin to try to answer your question, did you know that your full name appears at the opt of your post? If you want to change that, go to 'Frequently asked Questions' where it tells you how to change to another name.

It's not unknown for home assessment appointments to start considerably earlier that you've been led to believe!! An hour early is a bit silly, but whether it's designed to catch you skating round your kitchen or just pure bad management it's difficult to say.

I'm afraid no one can tell you whether your assessment was successful or not until you get the brown envelope; as the assessor said, it is now in the hands of the decision maker; undoubtedly the answers you gave and the information you provided on your application form will go some way to helping to get the correct decision. I'm sorry that there isn't any way we can help speed the process along for you.

Fingers crossed you get the 'right' decision; if we can be of any help at a later date, please get back in touch/ You might want to bookmark the page so you can get back to us easily if necessary.

Good luck :)

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159427 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Copy of medical assesment

denniswhite wrote: Hi... Can anyone advise... Just yesterday had my assesment can i receive a copy of the assesment report and scores.... If so how and when can i apply for this...

Many thanks in advance....

You need to contact DWP for a copy of the assessor's report, give it a couple of weeks for it to be completed and sent to them.

I have merged all of your PIP queries into one topic. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta. Reason: formatting

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.