× Members

ESA Letter From GP

More
7 years 11 months ago #159460 by Susieq
ESA Letter From GP was created by Susieq
Currently in receipt of ESA, in support group. Awarded by tribunal at appeal in September 2015, after using your excellent guides and a lot of stress and worry.
I have CFS/ME, depression, hemicrania continua and all the associated horrendous consequences. I manage my life based on a very carefully structured paced lifestyle which has taken 9 years to fine tune and any disruption to what I have established would certainly cause severe relapse and make me very ill for many months as a result.

I've Just received ESA50 04/15 to complete :( for reassessment

I'm hopeful that I can get reassessed and requalify for support group without being made ill(er) again in the process and my GP has agreed to write a letter of support.

BUT he has asked a tricky question..... to WHOM should he address his letter?
He is being very sensitive to the fact that he is likely to have to refer to highly confidential details about my medical condition and doesn't want someone to leave a copy on a bus seat because they are careless and don't know what info they are handling.

Does anyone know please? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159470 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Letter From GP
Hi Susie and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There is no single person to whom your GP should write. In fact, there is not even a single organisation providing assessors (as this depends on where you live). I would think that the best thing would be to write to 'The Assessor'.

Maybe someone else will have other suggestions.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susieq

More
7 years 11 months ago #159478 by Rh
Replied by Rh on topic ESA Letter From GP
My GP addressed my ESA letter to "whom it may concern " I posted the letter with the ESA50
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susieq

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.