× Members

ESA

More
7 years 11 months ago #159411 by louisbenji
ESA was created by louisbenji
been waiting 14 weeks for my answer from work capability assessment questionnaire i was told they wrote to my GP i have been getting ESA for 10 years when it was I. I'm also getting high rate DLA and now have to have an assessment next week anyone know why please thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159438 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA
Hi Jackie,

You can try ringing DWP to see what is happening with your ESA, if you wish.

A large part of the benefit changes was that all claimants will face periodic reassessments rather than 'languishing on benefits' (their words, not mine!). This will be the rason for your DLA being looked at.

Have you filled in forms relating to your DLA? If you live in England, Scotland or Wales, and were under 65 years of age in April 2013, I would have expected you to be required to claim PIP rather than being reassessed for DLA. Please will you clarify this for us?

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further information or questions without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159461 by louisbenji
Replied by louisbenji on topic ESA
I have been waiting 14 weeks for my answer from the ESA work capability assessment questionnaire that i sent back.I have been getting ESA for 10 years when it was previously Incapacity Benefit. I'm also getting high rate DLA. I was told they already wrote to my GP and now I have a face to face assessment next week anyone know if i lose my ESA does this mean I will lose my DLA.. Also has anyone had this experience of having filled in the form having GP written to and then also having to have a ftf assessment. Thank you

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159473 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA
Hi Jacky,

I have merged the 2 posts you have made today into one thread relating to your ESA. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful to.

It is very common to have a face2face appointment as part of your ESA assessment - whether or not your GP has been contacted. If you want to know what to expect, have a look at our ESA guide which explains the process.

ESA claims and appeals

The criteria for ESA and DLA are very different, it is incredibly unlikely that an ESA decision would trigger a DLA reassessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: louisbenji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.