× Members

'benefit review', after PIP review form

More
7 years 11 months ago #159465 by Iamawindsurfer
'benefit review', after PIP review form was created by Iamawindsurfer
I have filled in PIP re-assessment forms. I have started new course if drug for Rheumatoid arthritis. Not heard anything back yet. Today my benefit office have sent me a letter calling me in for a meeting to discuss benefit changes. They request id etc.

Should i be alarmed by this? My next interview with my Esa advisor was scheduled for August. I am on working ESA income based. I have just been made redundant from my part time job in February.

Its all mysterious, unless its about my daughter age 16 leaving school in June and going to college.

I am grateful in advance for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159475 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 'benefit review', after PIP review form
Hi Iamawindsurfer,

Quite a lot of our members are getting these letters at the moment. It seems that most of them have been randomly selected for one of these reviews. They will not look at your medical conditions but will check your financial eligibility.

In the vast majority of cases, they go away happy and don't bother you again.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160572 by Iamawindsurfer
Replied by Iamawindsurfer on topic 'benefit review', after PIP review form
Goodness. I went for meeting, and the ESA said i had been working & not declaring my income, which was wrong. It turns out that there was a link in the chain that had not passed on the facts: that i had filled in all necessary paperwork. This was very worrying, and unnecessary. I did receive a verbal apology though. However it does appear that when yoy work, it creates all kinds of hassle, even if you follow guidelines.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160587 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 'benefit review', after PIP review form

Iamawindsurfer wrote: Goodness. I went for meeting, and the ESA said i had been working & not declaring my income, which was wrong. It turns out that there was a link in the chain that had not passed on the facts: that i had filled in all necessary paperwork. This was very worrying, and unnecessary. I did receive a verbal apology though. However it does appear that when yoy work, it creates all kinds of hassle, even if you follow guidelines.

Glad to hear it was sorted out relatively easily.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.