× Members

DWP delays/possibly mistakes

More
7 years 11 months ago #159466 by Bryan Connor
DWP delays/possibly mistakes was created by Bryan Connor
I recently had to apply for PIP after having Highest Mobility for DLA....

I have recently been awarded the PIP standard care but no mobility. Having always been guided by your fantastic support information.

Naturally, using your useful template as a guide I submitted a Mandatory Reconsideration within one month of my decision date by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and it was signed for by the Wolverhampton DWP office on 25/2/2016.

I had heard nothing, but now I had been waiting 13 weeks and knowing the DWP estimate it takes around 9 weeks I rand the DWP who instructed me that although their system noted that my MR had been received on the 25/2/2016 there was no further information. The lady I spoke to , 'Karen', told me that she'd get someone to call me with an update within the next 7 working days.

An hour later I was called by a lady at DWP, who informed me that my MR had not yet been registered on their system, but that she would make sure a decision maker would get it today and
I should get a decision by next week.

Is this normal procedure? Or, is it as I suspect, that my MR has either been ignored or which I think is more likely, the papers have been lost in piles of an overworked paper system...or lost behind the copier! (I've worked in offices too).

I am fully expecting the MR decision to be negative and am girding my loins for an appeal.

Burning question.....should I make a fuss about DWP's clumsiness? Is their milage in that avenue or should I just forget it and stick to the plot?

Thanks for your help - Its appreciated.

Saint8520

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159476 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP delays/possibly mistakes
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, it does sound rather as if someone at DWP has made a faux pas doesn't it! It could be that your suspicions about photo-copiers are correct but we will never know.

There is no harm in complaining about the delay, if you have the energy. The problem with that is that there is no mandatory time-scale in which an MR must be completed. Obviously, time limits are for the claimant, not the DWP! :angry:

Complaining to the DWP

Your MP might be interested to hear how people are really being treated.

Contacting your MP

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start anew topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything related to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryan Connor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.