× Members

E S A Appeal help ?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159555 by Kez22143
E S A Appeal help ? was created by Kez22143
Hi Am new here, so hope posting in the right place, My esa recently stopped after i had a medical assessment i had been on it since 2008 i have MS and they said i didn't make the requirements but according to my GP and consultant at the hospital they think otherwise, how do i go about appealing many thanks ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159562 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic E S A Appeal help ?
Hello Kelly

Before I start to answer your query, your full name is showing. If you want to change this, please go to
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...q/forums-faq#Forum10

Have you had a copy of the assessors report to show where you scored/failed to score points? If not, you should contact the DWP and ask for a copy.

When you have your report, you should look through it carefully and see where the assessor has not given you the points you feel you deserve, checking carefully with the guide and the descriptors on the website. Make a note of any comments the assessor has made with which you disagree.

If, when you've done this, you still feel the assessment was wrong then you can request Mandatory Reconsideration. You have one month from the date of your award to request this. When you complete your application form for the MR then you should take each descriptor in turn and explain where the assessor was incorrect. Please don't call the assessor liar (some people have done this - it doesn't help!!) just point out where he/she was mistaken. (eg. he said you could walk 200 metres without stopping - when you can barely walk 20 metres without stopping to take a rest).

Work through all of the relevant descriptors like this. If there is any evidence that you didn't submit with your original application you could also send that along. Then all you can do is wait for the decision maker to decide whether he can change your award. If not you will have to go appeal - wait until you have the decision makers decision and then if you need any further help get back to us. If you bookmark/favourite us you will be able to find us more easily. And we will be able to look at your original post and see where to go next.

Good luck :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.