× Members

Hi everyone i am a newbie!

More
7 years 11 months ago #159580 by Mary
Hi everyone i am a newbie! was created by Mary
I just wanted to say hi to everyone i have recently signed up to the site after weeks of just reading some info.
I am recovering from Breast Cancer i finished my treatment in Oct/Nov 2015 and have been left with severe side affects.
I have already had one mastectomy and will be getting another June/July i am currently in remission.
I am in receipt of ESA and in support group and i am going to try for PIP and in the process of filling in the form.................and what a form it is i am doing a bit each as my concentration is really bad along with my memory and i get really tired.
I am using all the members guides to help i know i will probably be turned down but they can only say no! and i figured since i faced Cancer i can do this!

Mx :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hi everyone i am a newbie!
Mary-Anne

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Make sure you understand the criteria for each activity that you hope to score points for and make good use of "reliably" and "for the majority of days" where applicable.

If you have any questions then come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159587 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Hi everyone i am a newbie!
Thanks Gordon i will i am taking my time with the form it has to be sent back by the 13th June so i am going to do my best with it.

Mx

More
7 years 11 months ago #159603 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic Hi everyone i am a newbie!
Mary Anne ,

just a thought, have to asked if your local Macmillan center has a welfare benefits adviser? I have an ex colleague friend who is a WBA for Macmillan and their funding for such job , is still ongoing. part of her role is to assist cancer patients with form filling and appeals.

By all means the BW- PIP guide is, in my opinion, the best i have ever come across. pace each question , my form was due is in on 11 may , i got it in , not heard a word since, im expecting a knock back . but we will see.

wishing you lots positive energy :-)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.