× Members

DLA to PIP - but months before DLA due to end?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159616 by Gateway
Hi.

I've just been sent this letter from the DWP: www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...fication-pip0201.pdf

Yet the deadline for contacting them is months before the DLA is due to end. Is this normal?

The changes in criteria mean that I am likely to see a reduction in income with the change over, so do not wish to change to the new system before I have to.

It also sounded like I needed to contact them and provide information over the phone, when I prefer to communicate in writing. I don't know why they want my GP's address before I've had a chance to fill in the form. Any tips/info would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159640 by Gordon

Gateway wrote: Hi.

I've just been sent this letter from the DWP: www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...fication-pip0201.pdf

Yet the deadline for contacting them is months before the DLA is due to end. Is this normal?

The changes in criteria mean that I am likely to see a reduction in income with the change over, so do not wish to change to the new system before I have to.

It also sounded like I needed to contact them and provide information over the phone, when I prefer to communicate in writing. I don't know why they want my GP's address before I've had a chance to fill in the form. Any tips/info would be appreciated.

Invitations to claim PIP are usually sent 20 weeks in advance of a DLA claim ending, now that the letter has been issued you have no choice but to make a claim for PIP.

You can write to the DWP for a copy of the PIP1 form rather than speaking to the over the phone, but you need to do so immediately and carefully monitor its progress to avoid being late in returning the form. A number of members have had problems with taking this route.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gateway

More
7 years 11 months ago #159678 by slugsta
I was sent the PIP letter 2.5 years before my DLA was due to end :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.