× Members

Feeling deflated before i have even begun!

More
7 years 11 months ago #159685 by Mary
Hi everyone i was just wondering if it was normal to be feeling really scared and nervous about trying to claim PIP?
I have just started to complete the form and i am really stressed i am going to use the guides on here to help me complete the important stuff what affect my illnesses have on me etc.
i don't feel i have a lot of extra info to send i wont be able to see my doctor till 20th June. I have included all the details for my breast cancer surgeon and oncologist and also GP details. I have a support letter from my close friend who has been helping me with a lot of stuff and various other pieces of information.
I have already set myself up for failure :( im just feeling quite low at the moment i wish i had started my application earlier but i didn't have the energy.

Mx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159689 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Feeling deflated before i have even begun!
Mary-Anne

Having to expose your problems to the level of detail that the PIP2 claim form requires in order to have a chance of an award can be deeply upsetting, it forces us to confront issues that we may have spent considerable time hiding from ourselves.

I am afraid it won't get easier but hopefully it won't get worse, try and keep your eye on the end goal; an award.

You do need to return your form on time, but you can send further information in after you have done this, so try an concentrate on the important things now and fill in the detail later as you need to.

\You can always come back to forum if you need more advice and help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauldcox3, zoewawa

More
7 years 11 months ago #159692 by Mary
Thanks Gordon i will do what i can and send what i have i have given myself a deadline of Mon-Tues to complete filling it in and then i will copy everything and will post it recorded/special delivery so they get it on time for the 13th June.

Mx

More
7 years 11 months ago #159743 by zoewawa
Replied by zoewawa on topic Feeling deflated before i have even begun!
Reading this made me cry. It touches me. I always thought the "normal" and "heathy" people could not understand our struggle. Gordon, you have a heart of gold. Thank you!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mary

More
7 years 11 months ago #159746 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic Feeling deflated before i have even begun!
Yes I felt exactly the same. I actually got very stressed and ancious during the time I was filling in the form. It didn't help they sent me my ESA renewal form at the same time either. I found it better to read the guid one question at a time, see if that applied to me and then fill in a bit each day trying to be as thorough as possible and expand on the question as much as I could. I have just received my appointment for my face to face assessment and I am dreading it.

I hope you get the ward you deserve. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #159883 by Mary
Thanks Marie and i really really hope you get your award! :) sometimes i feel really low when i read peoples stories and think why am i doing this to myself! but then i try and say to myself i kicked cancers ass! i lost a boob and i will be losing my other boob........if i can do that i can do this!.........thats how i am feeling today lol that may change t/ow!

Mx

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.