× Members

Can SG get sanctioned for partner's actions?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159737 by jp
Hi, I'm in the support group. My partner is on my claim as we live together but she is fit for work.

We've found out that for her to get any national insurance payed she will need to make a credits only claim for JSA. From what I can gather it will be the same as anyone else signing on but only for her NI credits.

She'll do whatever they want but I've read reports of them tricking people with learning difficulties (which she has) to try and get them sanctioned.

I'm curious what would happen if they sanctioned her. Would being in the support group stop them touching the ESA or would we be fair game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159795 by Gordon

jp wrote: Hi, I'm in the support group. My partner is on my claim as we live together but she is fit for work.

We've found out that for her to get any national insurance payed she will need to make a credits only claim for JSA. From what I can gather it will be the same as anyone else signing on but only for her NI credits.

She'll do whatever they want but I've read reports of them tricking people with learning difficulties (which she has) to try and get them sanctioned.

I'm curious what would happen if they sanctioned her. Would being in the support group stop them touching the ESA or would we be fair game?

Unless your partner has worked recently then they will only be entitled to Income Related JSA, only one person in a couple can claim an IR benefit and you already have a claim open.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.