× Members

ESA Medical tomorrow

More
7 years 11 months ago #159760 by B
ESA Medical tomorrow was created by B
Hoping for advice. My daughter is 18. She has Cerebral Palsy, is registered blind( she is blind in the right of both eyes) she suffers with epilepsy ( focal seizures ). I applied on her behalf last September and have had to submit fitnote every 3 months. The dreaded medical assessment is tomorrow. Im going with her but cannot understand why she wasnt put in support group initially. All new to me although I referred to DLA forms filled in over years. Please can anyone give me an idea what to expect. Georgia's answer to anything about herself is ' fine'..! She hates discussing her disability and will always play it down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159772 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Medical tomorrow
BH

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There's an explanation of the assessment process and some of the questions likely to be asked in our ESA Claim guide. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You might also want to have a look at how the DWP view issues with sight, have a look at page 92 onwards of the WCA Handbook further down the page on the above link.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159801 by soontjen
Replied by soontjen on topic ESA Medical tomorrow
hello
the guides on this site are brilliant and very helpfull .
i would say don't fail to remember the nurses are not your friendly helpful caring hospital or home visitor nurse even though they come across as friendly . i forgot ? everything they ask you they asses you on and don't be led into answers if its no its no don't feel pressured
one question i didn't realise .

Q , do you go in the garden
A , yes
Q , how much time do you spend there
A , i don't know
Q , do you walk around
would you say 5 min ? 4 , 3 , 2 ?
A , i never timed myself i sit in the garden most day's
Q , so 5 ,10 , 20 min then
A , i don't know prob couple of minutes

they wrote is able to walk around the garden everyday for two minutes unaided so it's unlikely he would have a problem therefore could walk 200 meters . when in fact i'm all way's short of breath and in constant pain
it's very wrong they do these thing's and genuine people suffer
good luck

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.