× Members

Decision letter

More
7 years 11 months ago #159767 by Amber
Decision letter was created by Amber
Hello All and hopefully I may get some help here as to what to do next. I have been on DLA for 8 years high mobility / middle care I have now had my pip decision letter which is standard mobility / standard care for ongoing period until May 2026. Some would say lucky me and I do feel grateful that I did not lose everything however my query is this I received 10 points for the 20 no more than 50 rule and using an aid however 0 score for planning the route of journey unaided, I really am confused as how can I be aided and not aided as I am taken everywhere due to my disability not mental health problem, Should I request a copy of the report ? Decision maker also stated I was examined which I was not and at the end I was asked if I did drive I stated clearly that my illness and medication would put others and my self at risk so no I did not and was taken everywhere by car. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159768 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Decision letter
Hello Amber

I think the reason you are confused is that the 'planning the route of a journey unaided' doesn't apply since as you say you are driven everywhere. It is referring to your ability to do the planning yourself without any help, but isn't applicable since someone else is doing that for you. You say you told the assessor that you would put yourself and others at risk if you drove yourself, so you couldn't score any points for that part of the assessment. The use of an aid, however, refers to when you are walking - do you use a walking stick/elbow crutch for example?

You could request a copy of your assessment if you feel that the decision maker was wrong in the award you were given, but from what you have said, that doesn't seem likely. You might want to query the comment that you were examined when you were not, whether that will change your award is questionable, but really only you know whether it is worth the effort (and added stress) of challenging the award you have been given. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #159824 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Decision letter
The journey planning descriptor looks at people with mental health or cognitive difficulties only.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.