× Members

ESA Mandatory Reconsideration-illegal?

More
7 years 11 months ago #160262 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration-illegal?
Stuart

It's up to you whether you send a further letter and request the recordings (if there are any), the only question you might want to ask yourself is whether this helps you overturn the Decision :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160263 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration-illegal?

Derek4 wrote: Hi Stuart,

I don't want to put you off asking for another MR, if that's what you want to do. I would just warn you the the DWP sometimes ignore your arguments in a way that tribunal's can not.

My MR notice simply says that the HCP already addressed the descriptors I contested and so disregarded the points that I made. This makes the MR process nothing more than a formality and delay in appealing.

Interesting that they found that you could work at a vet. My MR notice states that I carry out a range of activities during the day, and the skills required to perform these activities are easily transferable to the workplace. Unfortunately, they neglected to say what activities they were talking about, but I suspect that if you make a cup of coffee in the morning you could work in a coffee shop!

Good luck with your MR/appeal

Derek

It is worth noting that neither being able to work as a vet or having skills that are transferrable to the workplace are actually assessment criteria for ESA or indeed anything on which a Decision can be based.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160284 by Starmaster
Replied by Starmaster on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration-illegal?
Thanks for your comments,Derek,and Gordon.

Well,as things stand I don't think I have anything to lose by sending in a letter regarding their mess-ups.I had the feeling they knew they'd done something that broke the rules.So,maybe a slight chance they might reverse it on that.Very slight!

I will prepare for the Appeal in the meantime.From PIP appeal experience,I know that it all goes in the bundle,and will reflect badly on the DWP,ie not sending the health assessment report until they'd actually made the decision.

There definitely seems to be a pattern on the threads of the WCA obtaining information from us that they can use to say we can do things which can be transfered into work skills.The assessor definitely veered the 'conversation' away from health problems and into asking what I can do.The things they used against me were only really them missing out the full story,as I was aware they would try to do this.For example,I did a course of mindfulness at the local health clinic,and was given plants by the psychiatrist,and told that it was very good therapy.I have a very small backyard and this is where I keep the plants.This has been turned into 'he is a keen gardener and works on his garden everyday'!.It's a very good point regarding these hypothetical skills not being relevant to the decision.

I have a mountain of evidence for the Tribunal,and health workers who can provide more statements,just hope it doesn't take too long to the hearing.

I was doing social worker supported permitted work while on ESA,but due to health problems each one didn't work out.It's very debilitating to be made to feel like a 'moocher' like this,and having to 'prove' plainly obvious health problems all over again.If I could work full time without support I would do,I'd be earning a lot more than I was getting on ESA!There was a letter from my previous employer saying I couldn't be kept on,as they believed I was unfit to work and that there were no reasonable adjustments they could make that could justify keeping me on. I can't understand why the DWP ignore these sorts of things,.knowing that they will have to pay once a Tribunal happens

I can sort of understand the government trying to help people to work,or checking that the medical evidence is there.I can't understand or forgive them for putting people with medically proven or obviously life limiting conditions through such awful stress.

Thanks again for your comments.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.