× Members

Esa or job seekers

More
7 years 11 months ago #160061 by pat
Replied by pat on topic Esa or job seekers
Can you tell me if you need to have a fit note before you claim I was reading about sending one in on the 7th day of your claim.

Can you give me some more information about fit notes when and how often they need to be supplied or is this up to doctor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160063 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa or job seekers

pat wrote: Can you tell me if you need to have a fit note before you claim I was reading about sending one in on the 7th day of your claim.

Can you give me some more information about fit notes when and how often they need to be supplied or is this up to doctor.

There is a seven day waiting period for ESA, you need to supply a Fit Note covering you from the day that your ESA claim is starting from, the start date can be back dated by up to three months, You need to maintain an active Fit Note until a Decision is made on any ESA claim.

The DWP will not accept a Fit Note for longer than three months during the first six months of a claim, other than that, the period is up to the GP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160068 by pat
I have read that the doctor cannot back date a fit note, is that correct and if so In what circumstances can it be backdated if you don't have a fit note to cover.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160089 by Gordon

pat wrote: I have read that the doctor cannot back date a fit note, is that correct and if so In what circumstances can it be backdated if you don't have a fit note to cover.

Providing that they have seen you during this period and are happy to declare that you are not able to work then it should not be a problem, it's up to the GP!

You can only backdate to a period covered by a Fit Note.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160184 by pat
I have read that the doctor cannot back date a fit note, is that correct and if so In what circumstances can it be backdated if you don't have a fit note to cover.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160185 by Gordon

pat wrote: I have read that the doctor cannot back date a fit note, is that correct and if so In what circumstances can it be backdated if you don't have a fit note to cover.

I've already answered this!!!!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.