× Members

filling out pip form for my partner

More
7 years 10 months ago #159923 by part76
filling out pip form for my partner was created by part76
hi there newbie on here just in the process of filling out the how your disability affects you form for my partner she suffers from multiple sclerosis and has done for over 25 years she is on a cocktail of medication and her memory is terrible she cant really communicate on the phone and gets confused very easily. i have told the dwp that i will be completing the form for her and they are fine with that but i forgot to ask if i have to fill it in as a third person ie she has difficulty she needs this she cant . or do i fill it in as i cant do this i cant blah blah im confussed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #159959 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic filling out pip form for my partner
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can approach this either way, whichever seems the most appropriate to you. If your wife is able to explain her problems and you are simply writing it down for her, you should use 'I'. If you are going to do the whole thing without input from your wife you should use 'she'. Either way, there is a section at the end of the form for you to say what you did.

Don't forget to make full use of our PIP guide when filling out the form

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160650 by part76
Replied by part76 on topic filling out pip form for my partner
thanks so much for the advice. i have decided to use I as she wants to have as much input about the emotional effects as well as the disabling effecte her multiple sclerosis has on her day to day existence as she puts it

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.